I know many still stop by to see if there are any updates and/or new photos. I have been delinquent with keeping up our blog, but hope to start posting more regularly. We have dial-up Internet service, so the process of loading photos (which I know is the main attraction) can be pain-staking to say the least!Dylan will be 10 months old next Tuesday, and we are quickly approaching the end of our first three months home with him. And while it is hard to believe 3 months have already passed, it also feels like we've had him for much longer. Many ask, "So, how has he been adjusting to everything?" As it was with Ryleigh, we have never really noticed any "adjustment" per se. Dylan has been seemingly comfortable with us from the very beginning. He is a happy, healthy boy who is now tipping the scales at 13-plus pounds. He is petite...just starting to sport his 6-month clothes. Several weeks ago he started sitting up and going on all fours, but still no movement. He's also bearing weight on his legs now, so I'm thinking something may happen soon. We're in no hurry. I enjoy being able to throw down a blanket and know that he won't go too far.
Ryleigh is excited about him walking and being able to play. She already has some grand ideas about some of their future adventures together. She is deep into imaginary play right now and Dylan is sometimes just another one of her dollies. I often have to remind her that "you can't do that to a real baby." Not long ago she wanted to confirm that when Dylan started talking that he would in fact speak English. Yes, but for now he only babbles, runs his "motorboat" (aka blows air through his tongue and lips), and sounds out an occasional "ma, ma, ma," which I would love to think is him actually calling me, but think it is just his generic sound (like most who start out with "da, da, da"). He has a soft voice, but an awful sad, pathetic cry when mommy sits him down and walks away. He melts me, and consequently I've learned to do many things with one hand.
He is doing fabulous in the sleep department--typically only waking once during the night and most of the time sleeping 10-hour stretches. He has also been eating rice cereal for nearly two months and recently started on Stage 2 baby foods. No teeth yet, but he gnaws on everything as if they are going to pop through any day now! He truly has the most beautiful set of eyes and precious little rosebud lips. Yes, we are in love...SO in love! Praise be to God.



No comments:
Post a Comment