Dylan's first tooth came in just in time for birthday cake! We celebrated Dylan's 1st birthday on November 22 (a day early...or Vietnamese time). It was a very special and busy day. We dedicated him to the Lord during our worship service that morning, held a small luncheon for those family members and friends that attended the dedication, and then went back to the house to prepare for a 6:00 p.m. birthday party. Our home and hearts were full! Dylan seemed to enjoy the birthday serenade and the gifts, but wasn't at all interested in his first bite of birthday cake (or frosting)....but I'm sure that will change with time.Last week we went in for his 12-month well-baby visit. He now weighs 15.3 pounds and measures 26.5 inches long. He's still a small peanut, but is quickly learning how to throw his little bitty weight around. When he's upset, he often does a little "buckin' bronco" routine in our arms or on our lap. At first I thought it was too funny to scold him....but now, well, you just never know what may come next! :)
This weekend in Michigan we received over a foot of fresh snow. And yesterday, I took Dylan out for his first saucer ride. Much to my surprise, he loved it! In fact, he started crying when we went inside and I started taking off his snowsuit. Here are a few recent photos...

(eating spaghetti noodles for the first time)




No comments:
Post a Comment