No word yet from US Immigration in Vietnam regarding our I-600. Today marks the 26th business day since our application was filed. We are also still waiting for our local US Immigration office to send us our updated I-171H (a document that expired on May 3). We submitted our request for I-171H renewal back in March 2008. The I-171H is a document issued by the US that approves us as adoptive parents and provides permission to bring a foreign orphan into the US to be classified as an immediate relative. So, between those two things, I find myself at the computer as soon as I get up to check my email for I-600 approval from Vietnam...and then at the mailbox in the afternoon looking for the I-171H. Just another one of those obsessions we acquire as a waiting adoptive parent!
We did receive a new photo of Dylan last week. Another couple from our agency recently traveled to Vietnam (the end of April) to receive their daughter from the same ophanage, and quickly snapped a few photos of some of the other waiting babies. They also took a photo of a board listing all the babies' weights. On April 1st (at approximately 4 months old), Dylan weighed in at 10 pounds, 12 ounces. It appears that he has gained about 1 pound every month, and according to a Vietnamese growth chart, is at or just below average for his age.
(5 months old)
I've also done some more work in Dylan's room as the weeks have passed. I was able to find a mirror, a fun rug, and a bookshelf...I'm still looking for window treatments and haven't yet hung the frames on his wall. Slowly, but surely, it's all coming together.
+005.jpg)

1 comment:
Baby Dylan... We are all so excited for you to come home!!! I really hope they hurry up with all the paperwork... its stressing your mama a bit! We love your new picture too, even though you look a little surprised! You have beautiful eyes and just the sweetest little face! I can hardly wait to see you and give you a squeeze when you get here!!! We love you already and can not wait to see you in your lovely room playing soon!!!
Love,
the Cooks!
Post a Comment